Is it true...?

GirlsHuntToo

Professional Chicken Chaser
Jul 18, 2023
The Keystone State
Okay, so I've heard that eggs that have not developed in in incubator and if you left them in they will stink up the incubator, and blow up?? It sounds a bit.... far fetched. Does anybody know if it's fact or fiction?
Some people think it's best to just leave them all until day 21, but during candling I can see on day 7 that nothings in there, nothing will ever be coming out of that egg. And even if it is true.... I really don't want to clean that up!!!

Thanks for your help and input.

If they never develop then it's no big deal. I've left clear eggs for 60 days just to see.
The ones like Jacin mention can explode. Seeping eggs are bad news.
I've set 1,000s of eggs and only candle at lockdown. For years I never candled at all. I've only ever had a couple explode.
I'm hard headed about change but I can say one time will surely make most change how they do things. I actually seriously considered just tossing an incubator that had that mess.

When you put eggs first in the bator and one has a crack those are the eggs that explode not an infertile egg.thats why you candle eggs before putting them in to advoid cracked or hairline cracked eggs

Any egg that gets bacteria in them has ability to rot form gasses inside and can explode nasty stinky bacteria all over your eggs and incubator. Not a good idea to wash your eggs in water before hatching. They have an egg bloom that protects them from bacteria and should not be washed off. It does take a long period of time for this to happen usually longer than the incubation period, but it does happen.

Any egg that gets bacteria in them has ability to rot form gasses inside and can explode nasty stinky bacteria all over your eggs and incubator. Not a good idea to wash your eggs in water before hatching. They have an egg bloom that protects them from bacteria and should not be washed off. It does take a long period of time for this to happen usually longer than the incubation period, but it does happen.
When you put eggs first in the bator and one has a crack those are the eggs that explode not an infertile egg.thats why you candle eggs before putting them in to advoid cracked or hairline cracked eggs
If they never develop then it's no big deal. I've left clear eggs for 60 days just to see.
The ones like Jacin mention can explode. Seeping eggs are bad news.
I've set 1,000s of eggs and only candle at lockdown. For years I never candled at all. I've only ever had a couple explode.
I'm hard headed about change but I can say one time will surely make most change how they do things. I actually seriously considered just tossing an incubator that had that mess.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom