Is June too late to incubate?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ehigh57, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Ehigh57

Ehigh57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Newnan, GA. 30263
    Hi all
    I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on hatching chicks in June. Do you think it's too late in the season? What would the availabity of purchasing eggs from the members on BYC be at that time? Thanks for any input. I live in Georgia if that has any bearing.
    Eileen [​IMG]

2. Shockwave

Shockwave Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    I incubate year round and have never had a problem getting eggs. I don't know about the availability from BYC members per say as I am relatively new to this forum but other sources always seem to have eggs readily available.

3. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Its never too late to hatch these little wonders, just need a cool, stable temp place to keep the bator so you have no big temp fluctuations. Good luck on your late June/early July hatch!!!!

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    June--nope, not to late.

To us, Nov is to late because then they have to stay inside longer.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:no. it's never too late. it's all about what works for you.

people offer eggs all year, but from different areas, because of the cold not being good to ship eggs in. try maybe some local sellers from GA.
    BYC member, bargain, is in GA and has very nice stock.

6. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I think you can probally get eggs any time depending on what you want, but some members may not be shipping due to the heat.

7. Ehigh57

Apr 8, 2009
    Newnan, GA. 30263
    Thanks for the info and quick response. I am getting a genesis 1588 for Mothers Day and I have to go out of town in early June so I would not be setting eggs till I get back. Can't wait ! Ya gotta love people man...this site is so great cause of the folks on here.

8. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I would love to help you! I live in Bowdon which is nearby. We have a variety of eggs - from Speckled Sussex, White Leghorns, 2 kinds of RIR, Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and much much more.

Feel free to just send me a pm. I'll send you a phone number in return and customize for you what you want.

Newnan is close enough by that you could preorder what you want and pick up at the farm!

Hope I'm selected! I'll also be delighted to help you with any poultry questions you might have.

By the way we incubate year round and that works just great for us.

We full time farm on a chemical free farm, so you might be able to get some veggies too!

Thanks and have a blessed day.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  9. Ehigh57

Apr 8, 2009
    Newnan, GA. 30263
    hey bargain did you recieve my PM's? I might not have the hang of this yet. lol

10. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My own chickens have hatched eggs in November. You should be just fine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by