Is moving month old chicks to and fro their coup daily bad?

CKNyakina

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2018
Hello guys

Couldn't think of a way to phrase the title so I will elaborate here. My chickens sleep in a coup I made some months ago in what was supposed to be a brooder. I haven't made them their coup yet. I take them out in the morning and return them in the evening, when darkness falls to eat for a few hours before turning off the lights for them to get some sleep. Is this tedious on them and will it affect their growth or bring unforeseen situations?

My explanation is bad and can elaborate more if need be.

I take them out in the morning and return them in the evening, when darkness falls to eat for a few hours before turning off the lights for them to get some sleep. Is this tedious on them and will it affect their growth or bring unforeseen situations?
Take them out of where and move them to where?
Why are you moving them daily?
They should have feed available every waking hour.

I think his chickens arent old enough to tolerate the nighttime weather; also I think the reason he takes them out during the day and puts them in the brooder outside is so they can get acclimated with their surroundings. :confused:

If I'm guessing right you are moving them out into thier run or the garden in the day and taking them back in at night is that right? I did the same thing last winter before I got my coop built, to start with I carried them between the run and the building they were sleeping in then later they just followed me back and forwards, was very cute and those 3 are my friendliest most loving chooks I have!

I think his chickens arent old enough to tolerate the nighttime weather; also I think the reason he takes them out during the day and puts them in the brooder outside is so they can get acclimated with their surroundings. :confused:
That could very well be the case, but will wait for @CKNyakina to explain further, as promised, before garnering any advice.

Oh, and, @CKNyakina
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-2-27_7-44-47.png

If I'm guessing right you are moving them out into thier run or the garden in the day and taking them back in at night is that right? I did the same thing last winter before I got my coop built, to start with I carried them between the run and the building they were sleeping in then later they just followed me back and forwards, was very cute and those 3 are my friendliest most loving chooks I have!
Yeah, this is what I meant.

That could very well be the case, but will wait for @CKNyakina to explain further, as promised, before garnering any advice.

Oh, and, @CKNyakina
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
View attachment 1685521
I am located in Kisii kenya. I take them out during the day for them to feed and return them to their coup for sleep. They are now a little over a month

They have feed every hour. Even at the coup they sleep at. I move them out daily because I haven't built them the right coup. And I also take them out so that they can have the fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom