is my chick going to be alright?

I have learned to use marbles so they don't drown shortly after "birth". They run across them and then go back to look at themselves and learn to drink...then all the hatchling observe and "follow suit". I was trying to post a picture but.unsure what happened. Sorry 2 hear about ur lil 1.

But I have never hatched pheasants..gotta say folks i had no idea what a chukar was....had to look it up..smh..anyway he looked very very similar to a coturnix quail. I use the marble trick on my button quail. Mental note...Make sure to Read the whole thread next time...happy hatching...*embarassed..lol

Poor baby :( after trying so hard and for it to die in such a stupid way is horrible. I had a weak 36hr old quail drown in a less than 1cm deep water dish with rocks in it somehow. Do you have any other eggs?
I do have 4, all saddled air cells. Rather luckily partridge eggs seem to withhold very well to storage according to some university papers, 66% hatch rate after 22-28 days

I do have 4, all saddled air cells. Rather luckily partridge eggs seem to withhold very well to storage according to some university papers, 66% hatch rate after 22-28 days.
They should be ok. I had a quail with a saddle aircell almost half way around its egg and it hatched fine, but that was the one that drowned..

Most hatch fine and end up fine.

Back
Top Bottom