is my chicken okay?

baileyf

Chirping
Mar 31, 2021
Hi. This is #6 of the hatch. Hatched day 24! So behind the others. I had to assist in hatching after many many hours of her/him being completely stuck in one position and chirping it's head off. Come to find out, the shell had completely dried to the chick and it was unable to detach itself. The other 5 did not have moisture issues so I am wondering if the other one hatching currently will.

My question is ... is it okay? It's not fluffing much and it can really walk. Like at all. It flops around and its feet seem off. It's also breathing heavy. The entire yolk was absorbed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi. This is #6 of the hatch. Hatched day 24! So behind the others. I had to assist in hatching after many many hours of her/him being completely stuck in one position and chirping it's head off. Come to find out, the shell had completely dried to the chick and it was unable to detach itself. The other 5 did not have moisture issues so I am wondering if the other one hatching currently will.

My question is ... is it okay? It's not fluffing much and it can really walk. Like at all. It flops around and its feet seem off. It's also breathing heavy. The entire yolk was absorbed.
Don’t feel bad, it most likely had internal issues.

Back
Top Bottom