Is my chicken sick?

Fluffy Featherz

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2021
Hi, I’ve noticed some odd signs with my chicken. I noticed yesterday that she was limping and I saw a small wound on the bottom of her toe. I’m thinking she might’ve gotten a thorn in her foot from our barberry bushes. Anyways, I noticed today that she has small droppings. She usually lays eggs every other day but their kinda odd-shaped. She sits down a lot and has a droopy tail. I’m not sure if she has a droopy tail due to her foot or something? Even before she hurt her foot, I noticed that she was sitting down frequently but had normal droppings, no droopy tail, and still was laying every other day with kinda odd-shaped eggs. She has been eating and drinking fine and she is in the box now. I feed them fruit, eggs, mealworms, sometimes cheese with a crushed calcium pill, their normal feed, oyster shells. Should I give them more foods with calcium or somethin’?

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
More of the balanced diet and less of the additions might be a good idea. A general rule of thumb is that a point of life balanced diet should make up approximately 90% of a bird's diet.

Top Bottom