Is my duck egg binded?

Cyn zayag

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2022
Hey guys, so i posted about a month ago that my duck got attacked by one of my dogs, and she was struggling to walk for a whole week, she finally recovered over three weeks ago, she can walk, eat, drink and all that stuff, but i’ve noticed something weird that truly concerns me.
She’s laying down most of the time, sometimes she’s standing up not doing anything, or sometimes she’s laying down on her bed, but she sleeps a lot, and ever since the incident happened she hasn’t laid a single egg, and i’ve read some articles online that say that either she has peritonitis or she’s egg bounded but she doesn’t have all of those symptoms they talk about. All she does is rest all day but when i bathe her she gets so happy and excited and keeps running and plucking her feathers and bobbing her head up and down because she gets so happy, but she doesn’t eat a lot as she used to do like she eats a lot but thrice a day and i’m concerned because she used to eat a damn lot more than thrice a day, and as for water she drinks just like 20% less than she used to, she walks slow but not penguin-like, so what’s going on then? she poops food not egg yolks. nor egg shells.

Attachments

• 64E88EF2-FD6E-4A47-AA16-A8010C622407.jpeg
    64E88EF2-FD6E-4A47-AA16-A8010C622407.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 14
Hey guys, so i posted about a month ago that my duck got attacked by one of my dogs, and she was struggling to walk for a whole week, she finally recovered over three weeks ago, she can walk, eat, drink and all that stuff, but i’ve noticed something weird that truly concerns me.
She’s laying down most of the time, sometimes she’s standing up not doing anything, or sometimes she’s laying down on her bed, but she sleeps a lot, and ever since the incident happened she hasn’t laid a single egg, and i’ve read some articles online that say that either she has peritonitis or she’s egg bounded but she doesn’t have all of those symptoms they talk about. All she does is rest all day but when i bathe her she gets so happy and excited and keeps running and plucking her feathers and bobbing her head up and down because she gets so happy, but she doesn’t eat a lot as she used to do like she eats a lot but thrice a day and i’m concerned because she used to eat a damn lot more than thrice a day, and as for water she drinks just like 20% less than she used to, she walks slow but not penguin-like, so what’s going on then? she poops food not egg yolks. nor egg shells.
I'm pretty sure egg binding is fatal within a couple days usually, if she hasnt laid since the dog attack, I would guess it is due to something else. Perhaps stress, or something along those lines. It would have been traumatic, does she see the dogs around her?
What feed is she on? Are you supplementing niacin? Are her legs bowed or toes pointing inwards at all?

Back
Top Bottom