IS MY DUCK EGGBOUND????HELP!!!

Keep treating her, I feel that swimming in lukewarm water will help her quite a bit. I used to have a snake who would get prolapses, and the long term treatment for it included as much swim time as possible.

And congratulations, mostly on keeping her with you during this very risky time!

I would rather give her layer feed then put all that in her feed and water .Is this stuff good from farm and fleet?
http://www.farmandfleet.com/s/?fc=&ft=layer+feed
Well any way. SHE LAID AN EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went down in the basement and found it in her large dog carrier in which the door is left op-en all night. It is so eggciting. I kinda want her to lay eggs now!:) I can't wait till my wh, bs and Cayuga start laying! P.S the prolapse has gone in a lot but some still sticks out :)

Can't get the pics right now :( I will keep trying though.

Aww first egg it is very eggciting. Congrats... I'd say they have good quality layer so chose the one you like. I can only get Purina products here so not very familiar with other brands. Keep an eye on the prolapse and I'd keep it moist with some kind of ointment you don't want the tissue to dry out.

Thank you. She laid her 2nd egg today.The prolapse has really gone in and it is no longer bright red, it is light pink now. I am going to get the layer because I love nutrena. When she and my other ducks "take a break" from egg laying do they still need layer feed? Thank you again!

Thank you. She laid her 2nd egg today.The prolapse has really gone in and it is no longer bright red, it is light pink now. I am going to get the layer because I love nutrena. When she and my other ducks "take a break" from egg laying do they still need layer feed? Thank you again!

Congrats on 2nd egg... yes keep feeding it to them because while they are taking a break they layer will help to replenish the calcium they need when they start back up. What are you going to do with the eggs eat, bake ? or are you going to have them bronzed? LOL

I am keeping all of my ducks first layed eggs on my shelf. Since tilly is the only one laying now I will cook them and she can have them. When all four start up I plan on selling them for four $ a doz if they are big and maybe 2 or 3 when they are small. Also, I just picked up the feed and oyster shells. the feed says that it has added probiotics, prebiotics and yeast culture for digestive health. is that good for my ducks? My other ducks- they should just have regular food until they lay- right? Amiga you said to swish the oyster shells with water. Can they eat the oyster shells?thank you all! Also, I went to menards to look at garden sheds/storage units for my ducks. A house anyways. So I found one that is perfect. it has a window, double doors, ventilation and it is lockable and safe! But I was wondering........ IT IS PLASTIC. Not like plastic bags of course, but it is really thick and sturdy. It is 6x8 and it even has a floor. Is it safe for them to be in plastic? Well it isn't like they are in a plastic bag or something. I thought it would be O. K would it? Thank you again.

That feed sounds like it has some good stuff in it!

I swished the oyster shell in the water when I saw that not everyduck was eating oyster shell. But they all drink their water, so I swished the shell in the water to get the dust into the water. Then I put the rinsed shell into their oyster shell bowl.

I have mixed feelings about plastic. When it gets warm, it can gas off, but if it's really sturdy, it may be okay. But are the windows covered with metal hardware cloth to keep the creepy predators and their paws away from the ducks?

to keep the creepy predators and their paws away from the ducks?
That is FUNNY!!!!! That is an excellent way to put it!!!
lau.gif

I am wondering if, for the money, you might get some help, buy plywood and 2x4s, and build one that would have better ventilation. Just my first thought. I like the dimensions, and it looks pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom