Is my egg still alive?

SO CUTE! I'm so happy for you :) hopefully, all goes well for my baby! I have to go to school tomorrow so I won't be home to keep an eye (or an ear) on things.
Its okay my chick needed no other assistance in hatching other than the thing that she pipped on the bottom of the egg..so I turned it to make the hole come on the top...in like 5 hours after that she came out....

Give her a little mirror to hang out with! Best thing I've found for singleton chicks when you can't be with them. That's so exciting, I'm glad it turned out! I was sure that baby was a gonner.
Oh yeah ...I'll try that..thanks...shes doing well and is happy being around us...she's really interactive

Final update! BABY HAS HATCHED!!! Seems really healthy. I checked this morning because cheeps were louder. Little wet baby was sitting there! Now it is almost completely dry. It’s gray which is new. I was sure it would be black haha. My too is black but the girl that layed the egg is a splash. All is well I think it detached from its shell which I was surprised about.

Final update! BABY HAS HATCHED!!! Seems really healthy. I checked this morning because cheeps were louder. Little wet baby was sitting there! Now it is almost completely dry. It’s gray which is new. I was sure it would be black haha. My too is black but the girl that layed the egg is a splash. All is well I think it detached from its shell which I was surprised about.
Yaaayyy....congratulations!!!!...even I thought my chick was black but it ended up being greyish brown....I love her....

Also....
She has been eating a ton of oatmeal...and will ask for it if it finishes....she ended up having diahhrea ...so I gave her carrots and peas which she refuses to eat...what should I do?...she's sleeping near me ...cuddled in a warm sweater....she wont sleep in her brooder...ever since she got diahhrea...I.e around an hour ago...

Pictures?? I love chick pics <3

Back
Top Bottom