Is my goose sick?

chizro

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
Beaver, Utah
I have a one week old Sebastopol that keeps making a clicking sound and has a weak right eye. My husband thinks it might have a cold. I live 250 miles from the nearest bird vet. It eats and drinks just fine and has been growing like normal. Anyone have any ideas or experience with the same? Thanks

I have a one week old Sebastopol that keeps making a clicking sound and has a weak right eye. My husband thinks it might have a cold. I live 250 miles from the nearest bird vet. It eats and drinks just fine and has been growing like normal. Anyone have any ideas or experience with the same? Thanks

I hope someone answers your post. and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Yes the droopy eye and clicking sound is probably a respiratory issue. Droopy eyelids can also indicate dehydration.

If no vet is available the best you can do is to make sure the bird is warm (warm, not hot), is drinking plenty of water, and offer a course of antibiotics. Use a powdered antibiotic approved for poultry that goes into the drinking water. If you start antibiotics be sure to finish the entire course.

Make sure the water is deep enough for the gosling to dunk his head up over his eyes.

There is no way to diagnose health issuers from a description on the Internet. Sorry, can't really offer any help.

Back
Top Bottom