1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my hen a "Red Rock"?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickenWired, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ChickenWired

ChickenWired Just Hatched

Feb 24, 2013
    Central Florida
    After years of wanting chickens, gardens and all things country, my sister and her hubby are the first of our family to live outside the confines of the city limits, so we recently got a portable coop and three hens for their backyard. We were told we have one White Leghorn and two Red Rocks. I can't find much info on "Red Rock" chickens. Can anyone help determine exactly what we have? I'm such a new chicken owner that I could use any advice you may offer. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    They are Red Sex Links. Very good layers of brown eggs. They are Production hibreed.

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    about the most prolific egg layers in the chicken world

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

For sure. Great layers, great personalities.

Looks like your family will have lots and lots of eggs in their future. Congrats!

5. ChickenWired

ChickenWired Just Hatched

Feb 24, 2013
    Central Florida
    Thanks everyone! Can't wait for the first eggs!

6. patty12

patty12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    red sex links, they will lay brown eggs and the white ones are leghorns. They lay white eggs and lots of them. how old are they ?you couldn't have better layers than these unless they are old. I think after the 3rd laying season , time to get new chickens. They will lay after 3rd. year but not as many.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by