Is My hen broody?

Hopefully, I honestly think that you need to give her a break in between. If these don't hatch, clear it all away and force her to stay OFF a nest for a while, or she could very well get weak and possibly sick.

I know it may not seem so, but brooding those eggs for three weeks this way is stressful for her and hard on her system even though you are working at taking good care of her.

I don't blame you for hoping at least a little, we are all hoping too!
fl.gif

You sound like you might be from the right family and I bet Grandma knows something about candling. Why don't you ask her if she knows anything about it and if she can help you determine if those eggs are good?
You said she would have fertile eggs, but she eats them......how about you trade some of your fresher eggs with her for some of her fresher eggs.......but first candle.

If these eggs dont hatch, she'll definitely get a break, in fact, I wouldn't give her a fertile egg until she shows interest in hatching something again.
My dad's side of the family is all about farming.
That's a good idea rhoda_bruce! Thanks! My grandma will know how to candle the eggs perhaps.. and otherwise we can always exchange.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom