Is my hen wheezy?

Do you have a lot of wild birds that use waterers or feeders near your chickens? I would watch for any new symptoms. Antibiotics would only be effective if she has a bacterial disease. Is she able to eat and drink okay? Is there any gasping? Did you feel of her crop to see if it is full and puffy, firm, or empty? Watching for new symptoms, or for other birds having symptoms is key to how to approach it. Here is a good video on the different types of respiratory diseases in chickens by a vet school:

Do you have a lot of wild birds that use waterers or feeders near your chickens? I would watch for any new symptoms. Antibiotics would only be effective if she has a bacterial disease. Is she able to eat and drink okay? Is there any gasping? Did you feel of her crop to see if it is full and puffy, firm, or empty? Watching for new symptoms, or for other birds having symptoms is key to how to approach it. Here is a good video on the different types of respiratory diseases in chickens by a vet school:

I have to Google how to feel her crap because I’ve never done that before. But she’s eating and drinking fine running around the backyard. Nothing else seems off other than her comb is pale and she’s making that sound so I’m going to Seperator give them some vet, RX and water I don’t really have any wild birds Other than my own flock that’s in my yard.

Crop* I watched this video earlier today.

I usually pick up a bird to feel their crop and slide my hand over the right chest. It should feel empty in their upper right chest in early morning before they eat or drink. Then be late afternoon, it should have food and water in their, and will feel full and a little firm. If it feels puffy, doughy, or hard, there may be a crop problem. A puffy crop may be a sign that the crop is not emptying or the beginning of sour crop.

I usually pick up a bird to feel their crop and slide my hand over the right chest. It should feel empty in their upper right chest in early morning before they eat or drink. Then be late afternoon, it should have food and water in their, and will feel full and a little firm. If it feels puffy, doughy, or hard, there may be a crop problem. A puffy crop may be a sign that the crop is not emptying or the beginning of sour crop.
I think it felt normal

could give her fa vaporizer treatment like a little kid, put her in a hole studded plastic tub like at the vets and run a vaporizer with Vicks, maybe 5 minutes and watch and listen daily do as necessary

Back
Top Bottom