Is my incubator suppose to turn itself off? What am I doing wrong?

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
Ok, I turned on my incubator today cause I have eggs coming soon, and I wanted to make sure it worked right. Well, I went to check on it after about a half hour and the light was off and the internal temp was 80 degrees. I turned the little handle at they top (I have a Hoova Bator 1602N styrafoam incubator) and the light came back on, and I walked away. Well, I just checked it again a little while ago and the light was off again, and the temp was 80 again! Am I not reading the instructions right, or what? This is my first incubator and the eggs coming will be the first I will have ever incubated, and I'm scared that the incubator will shut off and my eggs will die. I don't have broody hens for backup. Any help anyone can give me this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I just checked it again, it's still on, and the temp is at about 86. When it reaches 100 will it stay on? I just don't want to risk losing the eggs.

I'm using an older styro bator for the first time and it took a full 2 days at least to stabilize on a temp, then when I added eggs I had to do another full turn for the same maintenance temperature.

Keep turing the knob until it reaches the right temp. Turn a bit then come back and check in 15 min's or so. If too hot or too cool, adjust acccordling. I don't have this bator but usually the light goes off when the heating element goes off. It will cycle on-off or else you would cook any egg you put in. Just find the right temp and leave it alone but do keep an eye on your temp reading.

Hello, am trying to turn on my incubator but it turns on for a minute then it goes off, I've been trying to exchange power cable but still the problem is there. May I get a help please

Your unit should have a thermostat that indicates when to turn off. You will need to find the thermostat switch to increase the temperature.

When it reaches 100F degrees it suppose to turn off.

You will need a digital temperature gauge or hygrometer inside the unit to make comparisons with the unit.
It needs to read close from one and another.

Back
Top Bottom