Is my lay mash to fine?

TallChickMagnet

Songster
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
Jurupa Valley, CA
I use something called Phase 6. I keep their feed full, but I noticed that when my birds eat it they leave behind the finer particles. Not only do they leave it behind they knock it out of the feeder onto the ground and just walk all over it. I never see them pecking at it, as they do the scratch that I throw down once a day. I know that the Phase 6 is formulated for the best nutritional balance for my birds, so I was wondering by not eating the finer particles are they missing out on something that they need. I don't know what the finer particles are,so I don't know what they are not getting. Any ideas???
idunno.gif

Yes. Refrain from feeding other foods get them hungry enough to eat what they should. If after that they still are not eating it you can try wetting some and giving it to them that way. Most chickens think that is great treat.

Refrain from giving them scratch for a week and see if they eat the finer particles?

Yes. Refrain from feeding other foods get them hungry enough to eat what they should. If after that they still are not eating it you can try wetting some and giving it to them that way. Most chickens think that is great treat.

Thanks for the advice. I should have said that earlier, because I've been using it since you posted it. I have not seen any change yet, but also I broke down and gave them a treat on Sunday and Monday.
We had a lot of watermelon laying around so they got their share.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom