Is my pet chicken a good place to buy chicks?

Jul 31, 2021
Hello, so I plan to eventually have a mixed bantam chicken flock. Was looking at my pet chicken. I was reading some things and most people seem to have had pretty good experiences. I really like how the minimum is only 5 and their sexed too!
I'd like to hear what you guys think about it, or if I should look somewhere else.
Also maybe let me know what your chickens from there are like!

Hello, so I plan to eventually have a mixed bantam chicken flock. Was looking at my pet chicken. I was reading some things and most people seem to have had pretty good experiences. I really like how the minimum is only 5 and their sexed too!
I'd like to hear what you guys think about it, or if I should look somewhere else.
Also maybe let me know what your chickens from there are like!
I ordered 4 chicks from the Best Egg Layers selection from MPC in May 2020 and all 4 came healthy and alive! One of them sadly passed away in January from fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome, but that was unrelated to the hatchery.

I now have 2 Red Sex Link hens and one RIR hen, and all are happy and healthy! They all have such personality. Here's my favorite, Peebles:
3000px peebles.jpg

I definitely would recommend ordering from MPC. I'd order from them again if I could! Chicken math has taken hold of me, I have the 3 hens, 2 d'Uccle POL pullets, 2 EE chicks and a d'Uccle chick in the brooder, and 3 eggs in the 'bator.

I ordered 4 chicks from the Best Egg Layers selection from MPC in May 2020 and all 4 came healthy and alive! One of them sadly passed away in January from fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome, but that was unrelated to the hatchery.

I now have 2 Red Sex Link hens and one RIR hen, and all are happy and healthy! They all have such personality. Here's my favorite, Peebles:
View attachment 2811320

I definitely would recommend ordering from MPC. I'd order from them again if I could! Chicken math has taken hold of me, I have the 3 hens, 2 d'Uccle POL pullets, 2 EE chicks and a d'Uccle chick in the brooder, and 3 eggs in the 'bator.
Peebles is so pretty! Glad you had a good experience with them.

I ordered fifteen for June delivery. Had one loss which they refunded. Great looking healthy chicks. I went with them because they refund if the pullet is a male.

I ordered 3 silked easter egger pullet chicks from MPC in April and so far they've been happy and healthy! They still appear to be pullets but they have yet to lay at ~20 weeks, will update when they do 😊

MPC does charge quite a bit more than other hatcheries but I found it worthwhile since they offered sexed bantams and had smaller chick minimums. Plus, a good portion of the cost comes from shipping and my chicks arrived quickly and healthy!

Attachments

• 20210422_101313.jpg
    20210422_101313.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210813_164237.jpg
    20210813_164237.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom