Is my sons favorite chicken a roo?!

Pics
Don't recommend caponization.
Idk about your son, but I'd rather have faced having to re-home a cockerel than said cockerel having to undergo that procedure. That's if you can find someone who will do the op, it's also expensive, and just seems...well, wrong.
Maybe you can locate a nice hen for rehoming. Something 'fun'.
Well Polish are nice and distracting, Silkies are marshmallows with legs....something eye catching maybe. To take his mind off the Lake. That sounds funny.
If you can find another Lakenvelder, great.
Can't expect it to replace it though.

Idk about your son, but I'd rather have faced having to re-home a cockerel than said cockerel having to undergo that procedure. That's if you can find someone who will do the op, it's also expensive, and just seems...well, wrong.
Well Polish are nice and distracting, Silkies are marshmallows with legs....something eye catching maybe. To take his mind off the Lake. That sounds funny.
I agree, rooster canonization doesn't sound good. I glimpsed it in storeys guide, thought is bring it up. Check Adoptapet, they have a few hens. I know of one in MI, but you said you were in Flordia? That seems a little far IMO. I'm sure there are more elsewhere.

Also... Caponization is difficult enough with a normal sized chicken.
A Lakenvelder?
You are being ruthless today. 🤣
Lol sorry 🤣

Back
Top Bottom