Is Nutri Source gamecock maintenance feed OK for chickens????

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by vwoods, May 3, 2011.

1. vwoods

vwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    The local feed store just closed recently in Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania Va. I always bought Purina Flock Raiser pellets from them. (I feed extra calcium on the buffet for my hens but since I have a rooster I don't feed layena.) Anyway since they have closed I have had to buy my flock raiser food from the local TSC. They don't carry the pellets (say they cannot get pellets) but only the crumbles, which my chickens love to scatter and waste. (I just think pellets are better for my adult birds. ) Well, on my trip to TSC this past weekend they had no Flock Raiser of any kind. So I ended up buying Nutri Sourse Gamecock Maintenance Feed. Looks like wild bird food, with a variety of different grains, some pellets and cracked corn. Does anyone know if this will be okay in the short term until I can find flock raiser? And does anyone know why TSC can't get flock raiser in the pellet form? They are not very helpful there. Anyone from the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area know where else to purchase chicken food? Thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by