Is oxine the same thing as those chlorine dioxide tablets?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by scarletbaby, Dec 28, 2011.

1. scarletbaby

scarletbaby Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    I want to use the oxine to treat a respiratory problem in one of my pullets but I dont want to buy a whole gallon of oxine for one bird. I checked for other products that contain chlorine dioxide and there are some tablets used for treating water I can use but I'm not sure if it's effectiveness would decline once i add it to water. Any comments?

2. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
  3. Clo2

Clo2 New Egg

Dec 29, 2011
    Oxine is "inactive" stabilized chlorite. Until activated it is not or cannot become chlorine dioxide gas. No shipping Clo2 ever....ever...no exceptions. Now you can ship sodium chlorite (dry or liquid) (if you follow the regulations) but would need to "acidify" it or activate it at the other end. Most products require mixing part a and b on site following the recipe for exact ppm constants or other ways when using it for cleaning, deodorizing, water purification, and many other applications in a large or small chicken house. It definitely cleans up any bronchial problems with very small treatments. Did you know there is a simple recipe for converting your waste into bacteria free nitrogen rich liquid and dry fertilizer? Just find someone who knows about formulating clo2 and using it correctly. It's very powerful yet very save at small ppms. Thanks and I hope this helps.

4. hammytammy

hammytammy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2014
    Windsor NY
    anyone have any exp or info about this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by