Is Prid toxic? Help!


Dec 12, 2019
North Florida
I was wrapping one of the bumblefoots with prid on a bandage and vet wrap. But then she tore off the bandage and ATE the nonstick pad with prid on it! Should I be worried?? Is it toxic??
The prid might act like a flush to the system. But, I'd be more worried about her eating the pad.
hmm, well, it was a very tiny square of nonstick pad, there are probably worse things accidentally in her run. I was specifically worried about the toxicity of ingested prid. Since the drawing salve is meant for people and not animals, I wasn't sure the poison control hotline could help me. What do you mean by flush to the system?
A flush would make her have diarrhea - clean out her system. I doubt there was enough prid to be toxic though. I would imagine that she would have symptoms by now if there was anything to worry about.
Just make sure she has plenty of fresh water.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom