Is Rooster Dance Always Aggressive?

I have been working with my rooster and he hasnt done anything further aggressive with me. I realized all this was happening during treat feeding. I have changed how I interact with him and he seems to be more respectful of my space.
Yes, it can be a bundle of reasons, thats good you changed your interactions.
i know some people that repeatedly pick up the roo, and if he bites they pick him up (to tell him your the boss) this is pretty bad, because hes telling them no. lol

Raising livestock is a way to put food on their table for some people but for others its a hobby. I also know people who want nothing to do with farm animals and my son is one of them .He doesn't get the least bit excited about a chicken unless it comes with biscuits and mashed potatoes from KFC. It makes me sad that he doesn't love animals much as me but he's never been mean to them.I'm grateful for that. .I'm happy for Bruno and hope he continues to be a good boy.If you have some older hens with him they'll teach him some manners.Older hens will chase him when he does bad and put him in his place where young pullets won't stand up to him. My advice is keep as many older hens with Bruno as possible and at least limit the number of pullets younger than him..
My son is an animal lover but our last cockerel, Jefferson, was relentless in attacking in him so now he is very nervous around roosters. He still prefers catching critters outside vs farm chores though 😆

I wish I had older hens for him but they are all the same age. He was supposed to be a she lol. He is at least gentle with the pullets and gives them treats. I hope our previous cockerel's behavior didn't rub off on him.

My son is an animal lover but our last cockerel, Jefferson, was relentless in attacking in him so now he is very nervous around roosters. He still prefers catching critters outside vs farm chores though 😆

I wish I had older hens for him but they are all the same age. He was supposed to be a she lol. He is at least gentle with the pullets and gives them treats. I hope our previous cockerel's behavior didn't rub off on him.
No thats a really good sign! Mine does aswell and hand feeds the pullets, look like you got a great cockerel there!

I'm not nervous around him, he actually is my favorite. I was always afraid of spoiling him so i try to be a bit hands off, but sometimes I do pet him. If I am sitting somewhere outside, he will come and jump onto my lap, like he is roosting on my leg. Should I change how I interact with him?
I’m not a Rooster expert, but I have been reading about them. And I’ve noticed that a lot of ppl on here and giving misinformation. You should really read a book written BY Professionals and not just those who have had chickens for a couple of years. There are Sanctuaries dedicated to Roosters and have rehabilitated flocks of fighting Roosters. It’s re-conditing. The fact that ppl think that Hens and Roosters don’t show emotions to their owners are gravely mistaken. ALL animals will show affection to their owners. Yes, some animals may want to show that they are the dominant one, and you just have to inform yourself on how to correct that. So again- take advice from a professional or someone who is well educated on chicken behavior- not a backyard owner. Some folks on here have great advice, others reply back with comments as if Chickens aren’t living breathing beings and they are just here for our pleasure.

I’m not a Rooster expert, but I have been reading about them. And I’ve noticed that a lot of ppl on here and giving misinformation. You should really read a book written BY Professionals and not just those who have had chickens for a couple of years. There are Sanctuaries dedicated to Roosters and have rehabilitated flocks of fighting Roosters. It’s re-conditing. The fact that ppl think that Hens and Roosters don’t show emotions to their owners are gravely mistaken. ALL animals will show affection to their owners. Yes, some animals may want to show that they are the dominant one, and you just have to inform yourself on how to correct that. So again- take advice from a professional or someone who is well educated on chicken behavior- not a backyard owner. Some folks on here have great advice, others reply back with comments as if Chickens aren’t living breathing beings and they are just here for our pleasure.
Grumble, grumble, grumble. Who are you?

And, you have the authority to say that people who have had chickens for many years aren't professional? I've had chickens for 13 years, is that 'a couple of years'?
I think honestly it even could possibly be better to own chickens obviously not saying reading and stuff isnt good at all cause it tottally is hugely needed, but sometimes its best to learn, see and know about it to. They work together side by side. Even owning them for a year wont make you unexperinced and in professional

I’m not a Rooster expert, but I have been reading about them. And I’ve noticed that a lot of ppl on here and giving misinformation.
If someone is giving misinformation then point it out instead of making vague blanket statements. It is better to discuss the point to make sure there is no misunderstanding and to present the available information. We can always agree to disagree but that is seldom necessary.

Back
Top Bottom