Is she a he ... please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heather101, Sep 6, 2016.

1. heather101

heather101 New Egg

Sep 6, 2016
    Upstate NY
    Bought 3 ban.two long haired white chickens all "hens" 7 months .A month ago one White one began the craziness biting,jumping on the hens back.p pulling there feathers out.just bullying with no reason ,she stalks the ducks runs iut of the woods riding them down the driveway. They now both are doing this not to each other but to my ducks and hens.The one that started all of this crows at dawn. I now have to lock up the white "hens" in a small coop just meant for sleeping.what should I do?

2. Chickie Baby

Chickie Baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2014
    By this time, I would think you would possibly see some eggs and no crowing. You must have at least 2 roosters because "most" hens don't usually act all crazy like that. You didn't mention how the 3rd one was acting, the same?

Do they all look alike? Roosters look quite different than hens and if all 3 look the same, you most likely have 3 roosters. Not that I'm any chicken expert, but do you know the breed of the white chicken or can you post a picture of them?

3. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Pics would help but sounds like u have some roos

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Post a picture....Sounds like two Roosters....Hens do not mount other birds...

5. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    No they don't mount but one of my RIRs has got on another hens back before and pulled out some feathers, I wasn't sure what it was doing but it did it multiple times.

6. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

That was fighting....RIRs can be very nasty to other hens...I sold all mine...Too stressful for me and the hens.

7. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I love my old one, she was very nice. But then she went egg bound and I didn't know cause it was my first year raising and she died.
    R.I.P Rosie, love you.
    But that was several years ago so I know more about that now. ..

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I 'd suggest eating the two screwy chickens (male or female) and be done with them. You don't need that craziness in a flock.

1 person likes this.
  9. Lincityfarmette

Lincityfarmette Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2016
    I had a Cuckoo Blue Bar roo who was aggressive. Put him with my older hens 5 to 7 years old who kept him in line for a bit. Then he was so hard on my hens I had to inject a couple with antibiotics. Additionally my 7 year old EE who was near bottom of pecking order is now "mating" the other hens. Started before I rehomed the roo. Craziness...uh huh...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by