• PULLET

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

agary

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Rhodes, MI
SO WE BOUGHT 15PULLETS, 10 OF THEM RIR'S AND THIS HERE 'GIRL' APPEARS TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT FROM HER 'PEEPS'- THEY ARE 5 WEEKS OLD NOW- HERE ARE SOME PICS OF HER WITH A FEW OF HER BROODER MATES- COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AS I THINK SHE MAY BE A ROO BUT I'M JUST NOT SURE!

THE ONE ON THE LEFT THERE

HER/HIM AND HIS/HER BROODER MATE

COMB IS WAY BIGGER

YOU CAN SEE IT BETTER HERE

THESE SPURS?

AND THAT IS ALL THE FEATHERS HE/SHE HAS GOTTEN!? THEY ARE A LOT DARKER TOO!

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE WOULD BE FANTASTIC- THANKS A MILLION!

Studly little roo. Roos tend to feather more slowly, for some reason. Spur buds are present on both genders.

Yeah, I was afraid of that- my husband however, is really excited about it!!!!
he.gif

is there anything different to raising a rooster than there is hens? i know that sound silly but... it's really an honest question- also just putting this out there but does anyone know why one of our young ones smells like sour milk?

is there anything different to raising a rooster than there is hens? i know that sound silly but... it's really an honest question- also just putting this out there but does anyone know why one of our young ones smells like sour milk?

no different raising them just make sure not too many roosters as they will fight and fight hard they do

keep then tame as they can turn of humans if they feel threatened that your trying to overtake the flock, always make the rooster think your alpha male and he is your general

sour milk issue might be the crop check the crop is empting each morning

update--- she's certainly a roo- his tail feathers are turning an irridecent green :) it is what it is
he.gif
- but my DH is awful happy to have a rooster in the bunch
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom