Is she sick?

BeckyBailey

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2022
We have lots going on here, this is Rosey I adopted her and her two sisters in January! They adjusted fast and very happy! I recently adopted 7 more hens. I kept them separated but they could see each other. When I slowly started introducing them each one would want to bully her (not pecking order). I became the chicken babysitting lady.
I noticed she was isolating herself. I ended up rehoming 5 of those hens. It was to stressful for all of us
So she’s doing a thing with her head, tilting it sideways, her comb was dull, not eating or drinking much, running into things, goes to drink and misses, and seems loss of balance. Not sure if this is due to stress and lack of eating? I started giving her nutri drench directly today. Her comb seems to be darker as of yesterday (when the 5 left).
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thank you

Attachments

• 60815A22-712A-41B3-9189-2A302D1D0B64.jpeg
    60815A22-712A-41B3-9189-2A302D1D0B64.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 6
  • EBF54ED7-44C4-422E-9CBD-79DAEAC7C03E.jpeg
    EBF54ED7-44C4-422E-9CBD-79DAEAC7C03E.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 2
We have lots going on here, this is Rosey I adopted her and her two sisters in January! They adjusted fast and very happy! I recently adopted 7 more hens. I kept them separated but they could see each other. When I slowly started introducing them each one would want to bully her (not pecking order). I became the chicken babysitting lady.
I noticed she was isolating herself. I ended up rehoming 5 of those hens. It was to stressful for all of us
So she’s doing a thing with her head, tilting it sideways, her comb was dull, not eating or drinking much, running into things, goes to drink and misses, and seems loss of balance. Not sure if this is due to stress and lack of eating? I started giving her nutri drench directly today. Her comb seems to be darker as of yesterday (when the 5 left).
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thank you
“If you notice that your bird has difficulty standing, that its neck twists, or it looks like it's permanently looking upwards, they've likely developed wry neck.”

Back
Top Bottom