is smoking near chickens bad

Sybil... My first question would be "does anyone in your house smoke"? If not, he had no business smoking at all.

I do smoke, but not in any non-smoker's house or car, just my own.

I quit smoking for good 2 days before my heart attack, 1 year ago last October. But, that was my decision as an adult. I never smoked in my house, around my grandchildren, or anyone else who objected. As far as second hand smoke, I think the verdict is still out as to how dangerous it is. My chickens do not smoke, so I don't know if it would harm them or not. They don't drink either. LOL

Quote:
Nah, I think it's pretty well known.
smile.png

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/Factsheets/SecondhandSmoke.htm

Quote:
That would be my concern too, as far as the chicks go, especially since if I read it correctly Sybil said it was chicks not full grown chickens. Now I have read all the way through and I have to side with Berynn. Sybil's friend did not make a good choice IMO.

sybil is going to be 14 years old on march 12. First of all as her mother I did not yell at her for her hoodlum friend smoking near the 3 day old chicks. I went into a panic because of her isues with asthma, and she said that she did not care.
I then told her that if she did not care about her lungs that she should have consideration for the chickens lungs. she then accused me of caring more about my chickens then her. I then told her. Oh yea that must be it. I love the chickens more than you.
She is getting a thrill out of all the responses from this thread.
I spend 200.00 per month on meds for her and that is after insurance

Back
Top Bottom