is smoking near chickens bad

And you wouldn't want them to take up the habit themselves. 10 chickens with a pack a day habit would become a little expensive.

Now, that was funny!

The biggest risk of smoking around chickens is that
they will swallow a cigarette butt. That would almost definately kill a chicken.

Absolutely, do not let anyone dump their butts on the ground. Nicotine is poison and will kill your birds, as well as the filter clogging the crop, most likely.​

Quote:
Now, that was funny!

The biggest risk of smoking around chickens is that
they will swallow a cigarette butt. That would almost definately kill a chicken.

Absolutely, do not let anyone dump their butts on the ground. Nicotine is poison and will kill your birds, as well as the filter clogging the crop, most likely.​

Most smokers don't realize the damage that is done to wildlife by fiberglass
cigarette butts. They are like candy to many animals and fiberglass doesn't digest.

someone smoking and packing eggs will not hurt them,,

now if you take a chicken coop that hasn't been cleaned for months on end, and the smell of ammonia is in the air, id wonder if that would effect fertile eggs that been sitting in it all day...

there are so many things that could hurt hatching eggs, but shipping in its self is probably the worst

I now have this image of someone packing eggs for shipping with a cig hanging out the corner of their mouth with a big ash tip waiting to fall wearing a ratty sweater, old house slippers that no longer resemble their original color and stained fingers contaminating my eggs!
barnie.gif

someone smoking and packing eggs will not hurt them,,

I dunno, Chuckles, I think the jury may be out on that one. Ammonia fumes? Can't be good either, but sure hope most who sell hatching eggs keep a fairly clean coop just so there isnt tons of poop on the eggs.​

Yes i used ammonia as an exsample of things that could effect hatching eggs...

Which iv visited other farms and looked in there coops and i couldnt handle the smell and said you gotta clean that up ASAP...not all chicken keepers are very tidy as we are....

Here you get one bad wif of somthing and the john deere is out and a cleaning we go....

Chuckles
pop.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
Now I have that image
gig.gif
gig.gif

You forgot the hair... so here goes, hair that USED to be dyed black, but now has silver roots, with the big sleep HOLE in the back kinda ratty and greasy glued together look!

Back
Top Bottom