is sneezing for chics bad?

When do they sneeze? Every once and a while after eating or doing something that involves dust it's fine. When they breathe do you hear any wheezing? That means they have some sort of a respiratory problem. And how are they acting? If they are acting normal and are eating and drinking chances are they are okay. But if they are lethargic or just aren't acting right there's a problem.

they sort of sneeze at random when I have them out with me they will be walking and then just sneeze. there is no rasping noises and they have been sneezing for around two weeks (they are two weeks old) I had one that was deformed that died at three days old and she sneezed a little to. they seem to be acting ok but there is one who has always been a bit dopy and quite but doesn't seem to be eating as much. I put some sugar in there water as I have herd that that can give them more energy to eat and drink. I wasn't to worried but then when the healthiest one died today I got a bit worried. yesterday she started not eating o drinking and being really lethargic and then died today in my hand. now im a bit on edge

they sort of sneeze at random when I have them out with me they will be walking and then just sneeze. there is no rasping noises and they have been sneezing for around two weeks (they are two weeks old) I had one that was deformed that died at three days old and she sneezed a little to. they seem to be acting ok but there is one who has always been a bit dopy and quite but doesn't seem to be eating as much. I put some sugar in there water as I have herd that that can give them more energy to eat and drink. I wasn't to worried but then when the healthiest one died today I got a bit worried. yesterday she started not eating o drinking and being really lethargic and then died today in my hand. now im a bit on edge
I would be worried, if one or more are acting weird more than likely what they had the others do too

It isn't abnormal to see a chick being perfectly fine one day and sick or dead the next. I recommend looking at their droppings and searching up normal and/or abnormal baby chick poop. That's what I did when I was concerned about my chicks.

It isn't abnormal to see a chick being perfectly fine one day and sick or dead the next. I recommend looking at their droppings and searching up normal and/or abnormal baby chick poop. That's what I did when I was concerned about my chicks.
thanks thats really helpful. do you know if the sugar water is a good idea? if they are sick is there anything I can do for them?

thanks thats really helpful. do you know if the sugar water is a good idea? if they are sick is there anything I can do for them?
I recommend buying Sav-A-Chick electrolyte. They sell it at Tractor Supply it makes sure they are hydrated. I'm sure you could look up other things online to boost their immune systems. Just make sure it's for chicks because some things that adult chickens can have are just too much for baby chicks. Research any other symptoms that might appear. Best Wishes!

Last edited:
Sav-a-chick does miracles, I've given it to ducklings with unabsorbed egg yolks, a baby turkey who needed an assisted hatch and then couldn't walk, (he was up and running within a few days!) and a lethargic quail chick. it's been a huge help and I always have some around.

Back
Top Bottom