1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is something wrong or is my chick just really relaxed??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by eggsontoast, Dec 10, 2010.

1. eggsontoast

eggsontoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    North Atlanta suburbs
    We've been trying to handle our chicks (8 weeks old) a lot to get them "socialized" and comfortable with us. This afternoon we were watching a movie and holding the chicks in our lap. The Sussex, after a while, laid her head down in my daughter's lap and closed her eyes. She looked kind of...passed out. As soon as my daughter would move or a noise was made, however, she'd pop right back up. She even ate a little chick-crumble out of my hand. Was she just really relaxed? I hope she's not ill...

Obviously, I'm very new at this and have no idea what's "normal chicken behavior"...[​IMG]

2. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    They can and do fall asleep when in a comfy lap. If she is perfect in every other way feel good they can be so relaxed on a lap! [​IMG]

3. Pastor Mike

Pastor Mike Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2010
    Redmond Oregon
    Yes . Just a happy chicken. My daughters chickens often curl up for a nap. Safe and secure in her arms. They are 6 weeks old today. We hope they will be the friendliest chickens around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by