Is t because I'm married now!?

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
Has anyone else discovered who your true friends are after you get married or is it just me? Is it an age thing? A maturity thing? I'm not sure. I have noticed a friend of mine and someone who is supposed to be my best friend isn't so friendly anymore. I talked to Debi about it yesterday and I'm feeling much better now but I'm just wondering if I am there are others out there who have maybe "grown up" before our friends. It is kid o sad to me, not saying I'm better than my "friend" by any means.

I ended up getting into an argument with my so called friend because he lied to me about going to see a movie with me but went with the friend of hers that has been tryin to replace me. I know she went with the other friend because she wanted to drink before the movie and I don't drink anymore. She didnt even like the series ofthe movie in question till I introduced it to her last year. So I confronted her about it and of course she lied. She made up lame excuses as she always does because this is not the first time she has lied to me about something and I'm sick of it. So I'm taking Debi's advice and moving on. This friend wasn't even happy for me when I told her I got married. She was mad she didn't get to go shopping with me or be in my wedding. I eloped. I went to Vegas. I got married in a tank top, mini blue jeans skirt, an flip flops lol.

I'm just mad at the fact that she lied. She could have told me the truth. I don't like being lied to.

I can't stand people who lie. Once you know they lie, all trust is broken. There is no friendship if there is no trust, imo.

I also had a friend do that when I got married. She got upset because I wouldn't leave my husband behind and go the bars with her. She moved on and so did I
smile.png

Yep..i think it has happend to us all.
When you get married that person becomes first in your life and your priorities change... as they SHOULD.
smile.png

i had my best friend for 30 years then i got married and i have not seen him in four years now and we only live 30 min form each other its funny how things change !
th.gif
idunno.gif

Hubby and I joked that we were way more popular before we were married. Before that, we were always being invited to things or surrounded by friends. When marriage and a baby came along we found ourselves spending most of our nights at home. I think it was partially because we had outgrown not so much the people but the things we did as single people...we weren't interested in hitting clubs or going out to parties anymore. It sounds kind of like what is going on here but in this instance you are better off without the friend. She sounds awfully shallow and self centered.

Yep, been there and done that. Funny we used to go to every reenactments but now with our seven year old dd, priorities changed. Once you married or have a family starting up, you rather do something else more "laid back" or more focused on your kids than your "playtime hobbies".

We have declined parties, and some family functions, we don't drink and we don't like a lot of drama or backstabbing. I think we got "settled" down LOL! My friends have come and went but still kept in touch on FB on whats going on.

Cut out drama in my life when single, kept it out of my life when married, and have always been selective in friends (based upon how they treat others), so no, no change noticed here.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom