Is Tacos behavior a bit worrying?

Myah1011

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
Like I said in previous posts I have only really had my turkeys for 2-3 months so I don’t have much experience with turkeys, that’s why I don’t really know if a behavior is worrying or if it has some normal logical answer behind it. When I was opening the coop this morning I noticed that taco was kind of quiet and had her neck huddled Very close to her body and this is the first time she’s ever done this, usually she’s loud in the mornings and has her neck extended But today she just seems a bit slow, she’s walking and moving around and eating and drinking, just slow at times. I wanted to know if this is considered normal or not, she still flys and hops around and speaks just not as much as she usually does, she’s around 3 months old and I got some pictures of this odd behavior, no pictures of her poop yet but I’ll try to get some. Am I worrying over nothing?

Attachments

• IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3231.jpeg
    IMG_3231.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 4
I looked her over a bit and I don’t know how plump she should feel but she feels a good weight, she also doesn’t have any snot and or black spots on her, I couldn’t see her poop but overall she looks well physically and snaps out of her weird behavior every once and a while, she still does everything she’s supposed too just a tad bit slow, I don’t know if this technically counts as lethargy but she seems good with everything else and from looking at her poop as of recently it looks all good just haven’t seen any poop today.

huddled up is usually not good. my sick birds will "snap out of it" if they see me looking at them. birds try to hide their illness. it is hard to say if she's really sick without seeing the poop though.

Back
Top Bottom