Is tail feathers sexing accurate?

Chicken blogs are rife with wives tales and misinformation.
This. This. This.

YouTube channels as well.
I HATE it when this happens! 😒😤
I notice with my mutts that pullets don't have tail feathers when cockerels have them. But those are all from same genetics and chickens so you can't use that with everything. If one of your EEs ends up being roo, I read that chicks with pea combs will lay blue/green eggs (not roosters of course😂) but I haven't bred EEs yet to mine so don't know. But the ones that get the blue gene will layblue eggs. And I don't know if this will happen, but green eggs (or atleast some of them) are blue eggs with brown pigment over the blue. You can scratch off brown to reveal blue. So some of them might lay green eggs, but like I said before I haven't bred those yet so don't know. I think @cherrynberry breeds them.
Tail length is false, the fastest growing in my batch of EEs is the only male (so far). Someone on BYC should really start banishing these lies. If @Overo Mare , @RoostersAreAwesome , @Wyorp Rock , or any other knowledgable people on BYC start making videos that are true, I would definitely be interested. A lot of youtube channels I see spread rumors and bad ideas. I have seen people try to sex using tail length...FALSE. Try to vent sex without proper knowledge...BAD IDEA. And even people who claim DE works for internal parasites...FALSE.

they kind of deserve it, they have a huge reach, at least verify your info!
They offer these extreme ideas to get people curious and wanting to see what they have to say, which makes them more money. It's sad that there isn't a simple way to figure out what's truth and what's hot air from someone's bottom. Investigating is absolutely necessary.

They offer these extreme ideas to get people curious and wanting to see what they have to say, which makes them more money. It's sad that there isn't a simple way to figure out what's truth and what's hot air from someone's bottom. Investigating is absolutely necessary.
That’s why I asked here. I was reeeealy getting nervous that I had a bunch of roosters when I am looking for feathers.

Back
Top Bottom