Is that my chicken on that fence?

annaraven

Born this way
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
SillyCon Valley
Okay, I guess I was a bad mommy. I let my girls freerange without me being there to supervise. I was in the kitchen cooking, and happened to look up to see something flying onto the fence of the neighbor across the street. That sure looks like Stella, I thought.

Ran outside, and walked up to her, cooing like I do when I'm giving them treats, and sure enough, it was Stella, my 20week? Sicilian Buttercup. I picked her up, brought her back across the street, into the house, and had my daughter hold her while I clipped her wing. Then we called all the girls into the coop and put her in with them.

Good thing I saw it! I would have been totally freaking out if she hadn't come in to roost tonight! And that neighbor has a dog that I don't know how well it would react to chickens. Eep!
hide.gif

Quote:
i wish that was true with OEGB hens... i had to wait 30 minutes for my roo to come off my roof today... i threw some mealworms on the floor and he finally came down to have a snack...

i don't have that problem with my cochins and silkies... LOL...

Yep. My Buffy doesn't fly much at all. A little wing-assisted hopping here and there and that's about it. She's the eldest. Stella is the teenager. Quite a lovely pullet; not laying yet but not a chick either. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of eggs she lays... So she better stick around!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom