1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is The Fuzz teaching Peggy to lay???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kimntep, Jun 26, 2011.

1. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Today I am witnessing something I've not seen before. The Fuzz (BLC Roo) is getting in the nesting box as if he's teaching Peggy how/where to lay?? The 8 youngins are about 18 weeks and I know one of the pullets laid in the past week while we were out of town when I found a small brown egg under the hutch just today, but Peggy and Fuzz have been hanging out together all day today and I've seen them in the box together a lot. They are having quite a conversation, too! At first I was not at all convinced that Fuzz was a roo..a very late crower and it still doesn't sound right, so I thought maybe I still had a chance that he was a she..then seeing him/her in the box today, I thought that was my answer just to do a search and find that some roos do this?? Who'da thunk such a thing! It's about the coolest/sweetest thing I've ever seen!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by