Is the heat getting to ya'll or what? lol.

It ain't the heat - it's the humidity!
th.gif

We have some thick air right now......

It feels like a Lousiana summer here right now. The air is heavy with humidity, so it feels much hotter than it really is. Though it is pushing 90. Suppose to be 91 again tomorrow. I'm hiding inside the house where it's cool, I can't be out in that heat. But I'm sick too, with a fever to boot, so I'm miserably hot whether it's 90 outside or 50. But the humidity isn't helping any.
roll.png

we must be lucky .. Its dry and not humid at all today... I am just glad all the darned yucky mushrooms are dissapearing now that the sun is out... And my garden is finally dry enough to finish tilling...

Quote:
Ditto!

I suffered a nasty heatstroke back in 1998 when I wsa pregnant with my 1st daughter, and ever since then, when it gets too hot, I suffer another one if I'm out in the heat. So I have learned to be a shade lover. I garden very early, or very late, when they sun is not beting down, and I parked both my chicken coops under shady trees so that I have shade when I go out to spend time with the birds. If I liked snow, I might move further North, but I hate the snow as much as I hate the heat, so I'm kinda stuck where I'm at, lol!

Whew. With the kind of humidity we're having, you can't stand outside for 5 minutes at 9:30 in the morning without breaking a sweat. I got so hot working outside before noon that I got queasy and had to stop.

Back
Top Bottom