Is there a difference between American Game Bantam and Old English Game Bantam?

I posted this on another discussion on here a while back: hope it helps

There seems to be a lot of questions regarding the difference between American Game Bantams and Old English Game Bantams. In my opinion, OEGB's have gone far from the standard they were originally meant to fit under. Mostly due to fad breeding and what was winning at different times at shows. I raised OEGB for years and would get frustrated when an OEG bird that was basically a dubbed Dutch bantam would place higher than more "traditional"bodied/harder feathered birds

The AGBs stay much more true to their game heritage. I drew up an illustration that shows the TYPICAL differences you'd see in a show pen from each breed. Please note that these arent ALL of the differences, just a few I've seen myself. Also, these are based on what you'll see in show pens... Not necessarily the SOP definitions (Which, Im aware that those two things should ideally mean the same thing, but unfortunately they dont)

Last edited:
I posted this on another discussion on here a while back: hope it helps

There seems to be a lot of questions regarding the difference between American Game Bantams and Old English Game Bantams. In my opinion, OEGB's have gone far from the standard they were originally meant to fit under. Mostly due to fad breeding and what was winning at different times at shows. I raised OEGB for years and would get frustrated when an OEG bird that was basically a dubbed Dutch bantam would place higher than more "traditional"bodied/harder feathered birds

The AGBs stay much more true to their game heritage. I drew up an illustration that shows the TYPICAL differences you'd see in a show pen from each breed. Please note that these arent ALL of the differences, just a few I've seen myself. Also, these are based on what you'll see in show pens... Not necessarily the SOP definitions (Which, Im aware that those two things should ideally mean the same thing, but unfortunately they dont)

Are you still on this site? I would like to further discuss this subject.
Thank

Back
Top Bottom