Is there a quail that lays a blue egg?

Its pretty cool you got a solid colored egg too though, one of my oegb just started laying and popped out an egg a bit smaller than the quail eggs and I put it in with the quail eggs. It stood out like a sore thumb :)

I sd if I ever got another solid blue egg I would post a pic of it for u guys. Sorry its been so long but I just got another one today.

On the left is a Bob White egg for comparison. The center egg is a Coturnix quail egg. The egg on the right is a Button quail egg I also got. The Button egg is not solid as it has little tiny brown specks all over it but still thought u guys might find it interesting.

Sometimes Button Quail lay Blue eggs and once in a purple moon you will get a lite purple egg too..Each of My females lay a blue egg atleast once a week....
ya.gif

New theory here as I got another solid blue egg today. This one had a nest shape smoosh in the side but wasn't broken cracked or leaking. Very thin shell. The other ones have appeared normal. Although my birds have bird grit mixed with oyster shell and enjoy chicken egg shells as treats. I have been finding a soft shell egg every once in a while that have no shell and look like reptile eggs. These r always the blue color. I think these eggs r being expelled b4 fully developing or some r fully developed but skip the paint shop part b4 they come out. Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom