Is there a "sticky" thread on Incubator Consumer Reports?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Keith, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Chicken Keith

Chicken Keith Chillin' With My Peeps

Would love to hear feedback on the Brinsea Octogon 20/40 Advance EX from someone. I've about had it with my Little Giant (which I bought this year, and installed a circulator fan seperately). It is a poor performer for me. I've got five temp probes in it, and I have 5 different readings, lowest is 94.6 degrees and the highest is 99.8. Adjust the knob a millimeter and temp jumps to 98.9 to 102.4

ACK!

Also, what about the RCOM King Supra or whatever?

Appreciate anyone's feedback on any of these products. The little Giant's going in the trash can. Totally worthless (of course it could always be user error).

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    I had an Octagon for 2 years before I upgraded to a cabinet style Brinsea, and it is a FANTASTIC incubator. I had a Little Giant before purchasing the Octagon, and it was like night and day. I hated that LG, crappiest thing I have ever used.

The Octagon took my hatch rates from 50% to 95% and saved me so much trouble.

3. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Do a search on rcom and one on brinsea octagon. There are threads here for both. I literally had the rcom in the cart online when I ran across that thread. Changed my mind and ordered the octagon advance. Had the little giant it of course is crappola

4. Chicken Keith

Chicken Keith Chillin' With My Peeps

When you say "it" do you mean the cabinet style Brinsea? What sort of improvements in hatching did you see going from an Octagon to a cabinet style?

People who own cabinets swear by 'em. They're so doggoned expensive though. I may have to treat myself to one. Can anybody tell me why cabinets are so darn better? Better airflow? What is it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by