Is there a way to hurry them?

rooster brandon.

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Kodak, by knoxville
Ok me and my family want some serama chicks........We do have serama roosters and hens..........Is there any way to help them raise,hatch,lay and brood hens because we really want some baby seramas this spring........

you can not make any hen go broody all you can do is hope for it. or put some eggs in the incubator if you have one. if you want them in spring you have a while to wait before you even need to think about this. in spring your hens might go broody its the best time for them atleast they think so.

you have all winter lol. I'll tell you what I noticed before my pullet went broody she laid eggs for 15 days straight. and then stopped all together and started sitting on the golfball, she hasn't got a roo so I got eggs and now she seems confused, I think she liked the golfball, oh well if she doesn't manage to hatch the 2 eggs under her I'll stick some chicks from the incubator in her nest, just not sure if she'll be able to raise too many lf considering she's a bantam. but she had company on the nest last night so maybe my other birds will help raise them.

Back
Top Bottom