Is there a way to insure there will be almost all females?

Ma Tanner

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013
Hi, I am kindof new to hatching eggs. I hatched 2 or 3 clutches last year, and I would like to know if there is a way to insure that most eggs turn out to be females.

Thanks,

Ma Tanner

If you find out I want to know!:) I'm sure hatcheries would too. I have only heard of alligator eggs that will be more male or female due to differences in temperature( I love discovery channel).

Do you own a centrifuge and know how to artificially inseminate your hens? If not then no there isn't really, only breeds that you can tell on hatch day of they are male or female.

They say that females usually hatch at higher temperatures. This doesnt mean you can change the sex of the eggs. This means that the males are more likely to die at higher temperatures. So instead of having more girls, you just wont have any boys, which could mean all your eggs die. This is just a theory anyway. They havent proved this.

They say that females usually hatch at higher temperatures. This doesnt mean you can change the sex of the eggs. This means that the males are more likely to die at higher temperatures. So instead of having more girls, you just wont have any boys, which could mean all your eggs die. This is just a theory anyway. They havent proved this.  

This is a myth.

Sorry there is no way to get more females.

I tired marking the egg like if the egg is long it a male n if the egg is short it a female 50 percent of the time it work.loltry it

Back
Top Bottom