Is there a way to reposition an air sac from the pointy end of an egg to the blunt end?

Back2Roots

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Posting this question for someone who is incubating eggs for the first time. I have zero experience with incubating, so thought I'd throw the question out to you folks for some possible solutions.
She candled her eggs yesterday on day 12, and found that one had the air sac at the pointed end of the egg. She is wondering if she should turn it around in the auto turner.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Is there any chance that she is just seeing the albumen in the egg rather than the air cell (as in a clear)?

I would treat the end with the air cell as the fat end. I've never experienced that condition, however.

Is there any chance that she is just seeing the albumen in the egg rather than the air cell (as in a clear)?

I would treat the end with the air cell as the fat end. I've never experienced that condition, however.
xs 2 That would be my first question as many first timers make the mistake of candling from the side or bottom and mistaking the clear of the albumen for the air cell. Is she candling from the top (bigger, rounded end) down into the egg?

Thanks WalnutHill and Amy Lynn - that's a good question. I will ask her how she candled her eggs. I'll suggest another candling to confirm that she actually seeing the air sac rather than the albumen.

Back
Top Bottom