Is there a way to stop a hanging feeder from swinging/spinning?

Skyla

Chirping
Aug 10, 2017
Northern Wisconsin
Hello,
I decided to switch over to hanging my feeder instead of propping it up off the ground on some wood to save space. I have it hung up on a chain from the rafters (see picture below) however it keeps spinning and swinging, is this a common problem other people who hang their feeders have? Is there a way to stop or damper the swinging/spinning? Thanks!
IMG_0437.jpg

Once it settles down mine have zero issues with it free hanging.

Two hanging ropes will keep it from twisting. Three will keep it from swaying and twisting.

I have mine hanging close enough to the fence that I can use a bungee cord like a seatbelt to strap it in. When I have feeders hanging inside, I put a couple of cup hooks in to attach the bungee cord to.

I haven't had a problem with the metal one yet. The chickens push it around a bit but it settles down.

I did have a problem with my old plastic one where it would spin enough to unscrew the wing nut so that I'd periodically find it laying in the run with the component parts separated. No kind of lock washer or other device would prevent that -- which is why I replaced it with the metal one when I got this flock.

Back
Top Bottom