is there any hatchery that.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by americana-chick, Jul 24, 2008.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    that sells full grown chickens too? i would buy a bunch if i could buy them fullgrown.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes there are a few hatcheries that would sell pullets of that age but shipping is a killer at that price! You are limited in certain breeds such as White Leghorns, Sex Links and sometimes EEs.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I believe they all sell started chickens, (17 weeks) but they all cut their peaks back (sorry the term escapes me) so they can't pick at each other. I think that's inhumane personally.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Check on Craigslist, there is usually somebody getting rid of a bunch of chickens on there.

5. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    In addition, their beaks will be "trimmed," meaning they will be cut or burned off.

Edit--ah! Cross-posted!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Meyers does, but they will be debeaked. Stromberg's sells adult birds also, but they're exhibition stock. Were I you, I'd just check local sources. Lots of people will run adds in the paper or free circulars, check craigslist also. [​IMG] You'd save a lot of $$ in the long run.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't know where in Kansas you are, but there are some local auctions throughout the state that sell poultry. Yoder's auction is tomorrow night at 6 if you're anywhere close.

8. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by