Is there any hope I might be a Hen?

jnnsmith

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Hi everybody-
I finally got my tiny flock of two that I have been wanting for so long. I have read many many articles and post and have come to the realization that one of my babies is probably a baby roo. What do you guy's think they are 4 week old Barred Rock's. I live in a very urban area and there is no way I can have a rooster. Of course this is the little one we are very attached to, very friendly little chick.
50260_img_0062.jpg

First off,
welcome-byc.gif
You will love it Here.
Sadly, He is a Rooster, He is too light to be a Hen, and His comb is big. Sorry
sad.png

Barred Rocks are a cool Breed! You will Like Them

-B. R. R.

Hi JNN, welcome to BYC! My first reaction when I saw your chick's comb was that he might be a he. I had the same thing happen to me - one of my five Buff Orps turned out to be a roo - his comb got bigger and pinker before the other chicks. That was my first clue. I had to get someone to take him.

Thanks everyone for the super quick responses. I was afraid that was what everyone would say. I really wish that wasn't the case, I really like the little guy and have no idea where to find him a home.... Well since there is only two of them I really don't know what to do about the other being lonely. The feed store has 6 day old BR that I will pick up, but they are 3 weeks different in age. I am concerned about the 6 day old and my 4 week old both being lonely. Should I put them in the same area (separated) so they won't be lonely, is that enough?

BTW I love BYC and have lurked on here for over a year, I'm proud to now be a part
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom