Is There ANY Hope?

Featherland

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
Missouri
I have 7 Bantam Blue Wyandottes. There are 3 blue and 4 splash. I think they are ALL cockerels! 4 weeks old.
In the first pic I made a noise to get their attention.

Here are comb and wattle pics of Splash #1 and Splash #2.

Splash #3 and Splash #4

Blue #1 and Blue #2 and Blue #3

I think you might be right. Be interesting to follow as they grow out.

Why do the blues have different colored legs?

it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to tell for sure on these. i have tried to sex several at this age but only for the most part failed. i have several times called pullets cockerels due to the comb and wattle development only to have a follow up on them and i was wrong. you may have all cockerels but will not know for sure till about 15 weeks of age...sorry NO guess from me on their gender till then when i can see saddle, hackle, and color development...i do think there are girls in that group but will not say until later on sorry

Last edited:
it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to tell for sure on these. i have tried to sex several at this age but only for the most part failed. i have several times called pullets cockerels due to the comb and wattle development only to have a follow up on them and i was wrong. you may have all cockerels but will not know for sure till about 15 weeks of age...sorry NO guess from me on their gender till then when i can see saddle, hackle, and color development...i do think there are girls in that group but will not say until later on sorry

I guess it is safe to assume the ones with bright red puffed out combs are cockerels???

Back
Top Bottom