is there any Ipod / Apple aficionado's out there

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    My daughter has an ipod touch 2nd gen... it has not been updated in ages so I plug it into the computer and it tells me I have software updates that need to be done as I was expecting...

I go to download the updates and I get a "timed out" message 4 - 5 times... I was turning off my anti virus because I know that can cause conflicts I also turned off my screen saver and power saving settings (I hate apple)

so I think forget his I am going to do a system restore and go from there wipe everything and start from scratch I know this can be a lengthy process but I have time to do it.

it got 3/4 of the way through and froze... the progress bar didnt move and we are talking in 5 hours... no movement at all... so I unhook it and reboot my computer and try and start again. (I hate apple)

2nd attempt at the system restore and it gets about 1/2 way done on the progress bar and freezes again... I have been waiting 8 hours now with NO movement (I HATE APPLE)

what do I do now?

did I say I really hate apple? this is why I will not get an Ipad!

2. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I am assuming you mean that you are trying to upgrade an I-Touch and not an I-pod. My wife has an I touch that is several years old and she just upgraded it and it did take more then a few hours. In your case it does sound that something is wrong but I would go on line and put in the search line the problem you are having and I am certain that someone will come up with an answer. As far as Apple and the I-pad I previously never owned anything Apple until recently when I got the I-Pad and I just love it I have had some minor issues with it but whenever I do I go on line and search the problem and the answer is always there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by