1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is there any way to insulate a play house coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PamB, Jan 29, 2011.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I live in CT. We have pretty cold winters. I was considering trying to pick up some play houses on craigslist cheap and convert them into coops. I think they are adorable! But, is there anyway to insulate them? Has anyone done this? I've been searching through posts and it seems like you lucky people with the play house coops all live in warm climates.

2. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    If you are talking about the Little Tykes Playhouses, yes. Coyote Magic insulated hers by punching some small holes, and squirting the spray foam insulation in. I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but that was the gist of her post, if I'm remembering it correctly.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:Yes, that is what I am talking about. Sorry, I should have specified. [​IMG] Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to try to search for that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by