Is there anyone else who doesn't name all their animals?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My mom has always been big into naming things, but lately I've realized that its just too hard to name some animals! A lot of my chickens go un-named unless a special one comes along, but I have a two male geese who are so funny, but I just cannot come up with names for them. I've had them for three or four years now and I think it's just easier NOT to name them!

I also have a betta fish who never got a name. He's a little older than two years now. Usually my mom chooses good names. If it were up to me I think most of my pets would go without a name!

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I have so few animals it is easy to name everyone. I even name some of my plants [​IMG] I have 2 grape vines. The huge one is Audrey and the little one is Seymore.

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

You have to earn your name at our place [​IMG]

Otherwise you are part of 'the ducks', 'the chicken', 'the cochins' etc

I always wonder how the Duggars came up with names for all of those kids... [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    You are not alone ... I have my favorites named but after I hit the hundred mark I just gave up...

5. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Pig: Applesauce.

Chickens: Sunday, Honky (white one) and Homie (black one). The RIRs don't have names because I can't tell them apart.

The turkey and goose are named Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6. Beekissed

Beekissed Flock Master

I don't name all of mine. [​IMG] The larger animals get names, as they are few. The rooster gets a name for the same reason. The hens? Too many look exactly alike and no one has really "earned" a name yet.

I do have one Dom that regularly gets into the garden and we have dubbed her the "garden chicken" but I could not pick her out in the crowd.

Every once in a while a hen will make herself stand out for some quirky behaviour or a distinctive appearance and this will earn a name...but not often.

7. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    i don't wanna name mine, my mom might kill em and the name might make me cry... my mom and dad just killed all of my barred rocks... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

not even the little ones lived! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Here the "pets" get named and the "livestock" does not. So the rex bunny we've had for 6 years and is hand fed all manner of treats? Named. The cats who live in the house and sleep on our beds? Named. The quail & chickens, not so much, we're in town, so once something crows it goes, so no names untill the hens start laying and the roos become tamales.

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:I hope that they killed them to eat ....

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't name all of them, but I name most of the ones I'm keeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by