Is there anything wrong with one of my girls?

CradG

Songster
6 Years
Jun 13, 2017
IMG_1046.JPG
These are our first 4 chickens. We got them 5 weeks ago and I believe they are about 20-22 weeks old now. We love them so far, even our 2 year old labradoodle. 3 of them look just like the website and are gorgeous, but one of the Australorps is a stumpy little thing. Her crop area seems a lot larger compared to her body than the others. She's the sweetest of the group so I really don't mind as long as she's healthy. Picking her up she seems lighter than the others but has just as much energy and curiosity. Haven't noticed any diarrheal, or anything and she eats and drinks about the same as the others. Is there any health concern I should be worried about or is she just a little short and rotund? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 12
Yes, it might be slightly larger in the evening but still a lot more "busty" than the other girls 24 hours a day.

I think it is just her chest in general. I don't know if its her crop specifically. It doesn't seem like its more on the right side.

I'm hoping she's just a little meatier. Just didn't want to be ignoring anything obvious. Thank you!

I'd closely and thoroughly feel her anatomy under the feathers.
Feel her crop at roost time, then early morning.
Maybe look at some pics first.
Feel around the breast and keel bone area, wing to wing and neck down into belly.
Compare her and a couple of the others.
It may just be an anomaly or there might be something odd there.

Back
Top Bottom