Is there even a name for this?

She is gorgeous
droolin.gif

Quote:
Thank you!!!

sjarvis00 - So basically I need to breed her with something that carries the Mille Fleur gene? Does it have to be just 1 millie copy or 2?

Quote:
Thank you!!!

sjarvis00 - So basically I need to breed her with something that carries the Mille Fleur gene? Does it have to be just 1 millie copy or 2?

You could place something prefereably that looks close to Millie, hopefully having or showing mottling. Your next best choices beyond Millie Pattern is Spangle, this will give the black barring back and the mottling which is one parent variety used in the Millie Fluer anyway. Second best would be Buff Columbian or Black tailed Buff then you would need a cockrell to place back over his mother to get the process started.
Millie Fluer is really a Buff Columbian with mottling introduced from Spangle. Hope that helps.
You can always step out once to a Millie OE and all your problems start to go away real fast then about 2-3 generations breeding to get back to serama size and type.

Right now I have eggs in the incubator due to hatch next week.. Father is Black Tailed Buff and one of the mothers is Mille Fleur, So If I get either Black Tailed Buff baby or an actual Millie I can just use that to see if I get the Millie to pop out in her babies. If that doesnt work then I guess I'll go to the Buff Columbian (If I can find one) and if I cant do that then I guess I'll got to the Millie OE! The Millie OE will be last choice if I cant get what I want from breeding to straight Serama (which I know American Serama already have OE in them anyways but you get what I mean I hope.)

Actually looking at all the birds I have the eggs from, I have Spangle and what looks like black tailed buff in 2 or 3 eggs
Here is the link to Castle Delight Serama (ZooMummzy)
http://www.castledelightseramas.com/p/nests.html
I have eggs from :

Zephyr: Class C (16.8 oz) smooth Serama - Spangled; hatch date: 12/30/10
Dina: Class B (12.9 oz) smooth Serama - light buff (apricot) w/black, hatch date: 1/9/11

Louis "Biscuit": Class A (10.6 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored (silver w/black and buff); hatch date: 9/23/10
Marie: Class B (14.1 oz) smooth Serama - silver w/black and buff penciling; hatch date: 9/23/10
Josephine: Class A (11.5 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored w/black penciling; hatch date: 9/23/10

Napoleon: Class A (10.8 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored (mille fleur); hatch date: 12/30/10
Fawn: Class B (13.5 oz) frizzled Serama - fawn colored w/silver; hatch date: 12/25/10 *she is the daughter of Oreo (Pixiechick)
Brigette: Class A (9.4 oz) curly Serama - tri-colored (silver w/black and buff); hatch date: 12/25/10 *she is the daughter of Oreo (Pixiechick)

Romeo: Class B (13.3 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored (black w/silver and buff); hatch date: 12/30/10
Juliette: Class C (15.2 oz) smooth Serama - buff and black; hatch date: 12/30/10
Cordelia: Class B (13.6 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored (black w/silver and buff penciling); hatch date: 12/30/10

Amadeus: Class B (16 oz) frizzled Serama - black tailed buff; hatch date: 2/27/11
Gemma: Class C (16 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored (mille fleur); hatch date: 2/4/11
Marion: Class C (15.4 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored mottled; hatch date: 2/4/11
Billie: Class C (16.5 oz) smooth Serama - tri-colored mottled; hatch date: 2/4/11

Would any of these lines work?

Quote:
That helps 100%!! Thank you so much for taking the time to go over my hatches and what would be the best choise to breed Star to!! After selling her Brother 2 months ago, The guy wants to sell him back to me.
These are the best pictures I have of him. To me in the last picture it looks like he has barring on his tail feathers.

251023_129999963746692_100002100667846_237373_6737695_n.jpg

250457_129999983746690_100002100667846_237374_6980805_n.jpg

he looks like a lot of my young Columbian cockrells, I dont have any pics of them when young but here is some at about 6 months, not the best pics but might give an idea of what he might look like as he matures.
Pullet:
30249_hen_back.jpg

Cockrell:
30249_col3.jpg

Quote:
That helps 100%!! Thank you so much for taking the time to go over my hatches and what would be the best choise to breed Star to!! After selling her Brother 2 months ago, The guy wants to sell him back to me.
These are the best pictures I have of him. To me in the last picture it looks like he has barring on his tail feathers.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...63746692_100002100667846_237373_6737695_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...83746690_100002100667846_237374_6980805_n.jpg

If you get her to breed Napolean to the three hens from the last group you would hatch Millies, Just a thought you might talk to her.
I think you made a fine choice in breeders she appears to very open about her birds and discloses a great deal of information, as well as she has some of teh nicest seramas I have seen as of yet.

Quote:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...63746692_100002100667846_237373_6737695_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...83746690_100002100667846_237374_6980805_n.jpg

If you get her to breed Napolean to the three hens from the last group you would hatch Millies, Just a thought you might talk to her.
I think you made a fine choice in breeders she appears to very open about her birds and discloses a great deal of information, as well as she has some of teh nicest seramas I have seen as of yet.

The whole Columbian thing would sort of make sence since one of the hens had the Columbian look without the black wing and tail feathers!!
And I am sending her a message now... Its probably a long shot but I guess its worth a try!!! And Laura is an awesome person!! very easy to talk to and I just love her personality!

Quote:

The whole Columbian thing would sort of make sence since one of the hens had the Columbian look without the black wing and tail feathers!!
And I am sending her a message now... Its probably a long shot but I guess its worth a try!!! And Laura is an awesome person!! very easy to talk to and I just love her personality!

You flatter me Tiffany, thank you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom