Is there such thing as a Grey Rock?

Quote:
Illia, you actually get BBS Rocks, halo has some and Yard full o'l Rocks has some too.

And even blue barred ones! They are so nice.

Blue Barred? I've never heard of them. Sounds interesting, I can't resist taking a look.

Quote:
Illia, you actually get BBS Rocks, halo has some and Yard full o'l Rocks has some too.

Naturally.
smile.png
I just didn't know we introduced blue (which of course also includes splash)

Here is one of my Blue Rock pullet...she was HUGE!
DSCF0384.jpg

These were her parents, owned by Gordie:
GordiesBlueRocks.jpg

Halo got the same lines as mine. Dunno about Yard o'Rocks. From what I got from Gordie he said that they were NOT of hatchery lines, resulted from crosses from Blue Orpington X Black Rock some years ago. He got them from a breeder.

We also have blue barred.My Blue Barred Roo is a big boy but such a gentleman.I have a bator full of black/blue barred eggs now
love.gif
Next week they will move out and the blue/splash Rocks will start filling the bators The yellow legs are still a work in progress but I'm seeing some real good yellow on the chicks especially in the barred blues
If you end up with a blue Rock you can mail it to me.
big_smile.png
really...no you will love it they have such a great personality and so mellow.

I have a hunch that it's going to be a standard Barred, since we don't have many chickens in this area, and the ones we have are pretty...normal. RIR, Sex Link, Leghorn, etc. I'll wash, dry and post a pic of her around 11am (our time) tomorrow! I CAN'T WAIT, I love new chickens!

EweSheep - On a thread some where he and halo were talking about blue rocks and that he had some, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll go look it up.

Back
Top Bottom